Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan and Other Random Tidbits

I am going to make an attempt at posting this while the Tiny Tornado is occupied with other activities...

Here is my menu plan for the week...

Breakfast
Crescent Casserole (I made this a couple weeks ago and it was awesome!)
Apple Donuts
Cinnamon Roll Cake
Pancake Dippers (that was this morning)
Cream Cheese and Bacon Scrambled Egg Bake
Either bread pudding or French toast

Dinner
Cheeseburgers (last night)
Coney Cheese Dogs (on the last two weeks plans, but keeps getting bumped off with something different)
Tacos and Jalepeno Corn Dip
Chicken Roll Ups
Cowboy Casserole
French Dip Crescents with Au Jus

Dessert
Mini pumpkin pies
apple dumplings
Oreo Dessert (made it last week, requested this week by kids)
Pumpkin Pie Fudge
Baked Apples with Cinnamon
Dessert #6 will be a wildcard. Possibly one of the cupcake mixes I have or berry muffins... time will tell.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet sat down and done the exact, to-the-cent calculations of what my per meal cost is this week, but I do know I beat last week by a bit. My rough calculations, having not gone item by item over my Meijer receipt, is around $3.50 per meal, including all desserts.

I didn't use any coupons this week, but did utilize the last day of the Meijer 10/10 sale as well as using the special mPerks promo of 5% off grocery purchase, which was only available on Saturday. I am starting to see a bit of savings from stockpiling things when they are on sale. For example, I do NOT need four jugs of apple juice in one week, however, a 64oz bottle of 100% apple juice was on sale from nearly $3/bottle to $.99 a bottle. I had to stockpile that! There was no limit! Also bread was included in the 10/10 sale (11th item free), so I bought a few loaves and will freeze a couple for next week (since after my 11th item was free, each loaf was only $.90). Same with pasta sauce. I have 6 from the last 10/10 sale in my pantry, and tortilla shells as well... you get the idea.


There are so many different things you can make with these ingredients! I made banana and peanut butter quesadillas with the 10/10 tortilla shells for Tiny Tornado's lunch today! Also included in his lunch was some freshly made glazed carrots (which I had gotten free from Meijer), and some honey wheat pretzel rods (included in the 10/10 sale).

Today has been a busy day! Tiny Tornado did not wake up when I thought he was... he must have been talking in his sleep over the monitor.  He ended up with a nearly four hour long nap! Amazing what you can get done in that amount of time!
Got the glazed carrots done, avocado egg salad (eggs, avocado, curry powder, salt, pepper, and mayo), cucumber salad, and pickled eggs done for the week!


So far, it's been a productive one, and beautiful outside, so The Tornado and I are headed out to enjoy the sunshine while we still have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment