Thursday, October 3, 2013

Super easy dinner tonight! Fettucine Alfredo with broccoli and bacon crumbles. Typically I make my fettucine with broccoli and shrimp, but shrimp has not been on sale lately. I was craving it so badly tonight... but I used ingredients on hand and adding bacon was a first for me. I was pleasantly surprised! Still doesn't hold a candle to broccoli and shrimp, but it worked in a pinch.



 I almost always make my own garlic bread. My kids like it so much more than the frozen, and it is much cheaper! It's simple to do, just butter your bread, add some garlic powder and Italian seasoning and toss into  a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. I also season my corn with  Lawry's seasoned pepper and Lawry's Seasoning Salt, wonderful way to add some flavor.

Like I said, tonight was a little out of whack here on the homefront, so I didn't have a ton of time to make any extras. No dessert tonight... ice cream is a staple in our home, so we all had a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. This meal was thrown together in about 20 minutes... budget and time crunch friendly. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment