Friday, October 11, 2013

The INCREDIBLE, Edible, Egg!

I promised I'd be back with a tip for the best eggs ever... And I will.



Juuuuuust as soon as I catch y'all up to date! ;)



Dinner last night was not a planned dinner, but there were some leftovers that needed used up so as not to go to waste, so I had to make good use of them! On Wednesday night, when my mother in law came and stayed with The Littles, she made lasagna and garlic toast, and LOTS of garlic toast at that! I had about six pieces left over, including three pieces in the fridge that hadn't been cooked yet. Now, there was no way I was ever going to get my family to eat that much garlic bread "just because", not a chance. So I simply used ingredients on hand (stockpiled pasta sauce and sliced pepperoni at Meijer's 10/10 sale), and made the cheesy garlic bread slices into personal pizzas.

I did go ahead and make the dessert I had planned for the night though... and it ended up being just as good as I thought it would be! My youngun's went crazy over it!  Oreo Cream Cheese Pudding Dessert.... YUM-O!




                                                                                                                                                       Turns out it was a good thing I had a quick, easy meal on cue because Miss Cortland unexpectedly  ended up going to the JV game last night to be a junior cheerleader (and a darn cute one at that!). I had about 45 minutes notice to have dinner and dessert ready, get Cole ready, find her black leggings, unload the car from hunting, reload the car with diaper bag and jogging stroller, get Cole in something other than a diaper, go to the ATM, and get her to the game. Whew! I'm tired just reading it... and on only 3 hours of sleep. This should help you understand why I sometimes drink up to two pots of joe a day. Yeah. One word. LIFELINE. Coffee is what keeps me going...  


We started our morning off with apple cake with brown sugar glaze.. it was okay, but I ended up using brown sugar in place of regular sugar, only because I didn't have as much white sugar as the recipe called for. I will be trying it again with white sugar. The brown sugar was okay, but wasn't exactly as I had hoped it would be. Here is the recipe I used:




                                                





And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.... 

The best over-easy egg there is! 

It's very simple, actually, and I've mentioned it before... 
Garlic and Herb Seasoning. 

Yep, that's it! As soon as you flip your egg, sprinkle some of this on top and be prepared for the best tasting "dippy" egg (as my kids call it) you've ever had. I, of course, buy Meijer brand, but if you don't have a Meijer, look for Lawry's Garlic Pepper. Delish! 





Annnnnnd now I am craving an egg over easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment