Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday.... We Meet Again

Hello Friends!

Good Monday morning to you! (Wait... is "Good Monday" an oxy moron?)

Sorry for no posts over the weekend, it was quite a busy one. I am not sure if I sat down at the computer at all! Saturday was filled with volleyball, Grocery Day, and attempting to help The Hubby stain the deck... which was an epic fail when Tiny Tornado thought he had to help as well and kept grabbing the wet deck spindles.

First, a shout out to the Lady Orioles! Aleix's volleyball team finished second this weekend in their tournament, and put on a fantastic show throughout the tournament! Even Miss Aleix got her moment in the spotlight when she served the winning three points of the first set in the championship match!









Sunday was quite relaxing as we were able to make it back to church for the first time in a few months, and then lunch and a day spent with our best friends was a great way to wrap up the weekend. I could have done without my beloved Tigers throwing away the second game of the ALCS in the last two innings, but hey, I guess we can't have everything we want!

And before I get into the subject matter of this entry, I would like to mention a very sweet high school classmate of mine who shot me a message last night on Facebook. Miss Heather ( I wont use your last name for privacy purposes), I want to tell you again how much I appreciate your feedback and the message you sent me last night. Heather was in need of a kitchen table, and had found a suitable one at a reasonable price of $200. Because of this blog, and the constant mention of Meijer and it's mPerks program (I can't sing it's praises enough!), she was able to find a similar table on clearance at Meijer. After using the $5 coupon Meijer sent her for joining mPerks, the table was $63! I was on Cloud 9 after receiving her message, so happy I was able to help someone out!

As I told Heather last night, I am just learning the blogging ropes, as I become more familiar with blogging, I will be adding some more features to my blog in hopes of helping more people like Heather. In the coming months, as time permits, I will not only be including my meal plans, but also my grocery shopping lists for the week, as well as any deals and discounts I am using on said lists to save money. I also hope to add some more time and money saving tips, but as I said, I am still getting the feel for this, so be patient and bear with me!

Okay, I am going to skip over the weekend meals, as they were nothing fancy or formal, and only one meal was cooked at home, the same as last Sunday, bbq cheeseburgers (my family loves this things... they are a popular weekend go-to, especially in a time crunch!).

I also will add my meal plan later, as I have time today (or tonight).



I want to focus on breakfast...
my favorite meal of the day!

Like I mentioned last week, I try to keep Monday's kind of simple, mostly because my house is already in disarray from the weekend, and I don't want to take away from my cleaning and tidying time... or make too many more messes for that matter!

As I was scouring Pinterest for breakfast ideas, I came across a wonderful little treat...

.... Pancake Dippers!

One word... DELISH.

and super easy for a Monday morning.



Basically mix up your pancake batter as usual, but pour into a
squeeze bottle of some sort. I had recently stored away an empty Hungry Jack syrup bottle with an easy pour spout for just this purpose, so I pulled that out. At that moment, the realization hit me that I don't have a kitchen funnel! Oops. Minor oversight.



Took me a minute to figure out I could easily use a couple sheets of computer paper rolled into a funnel to get the batter from the batter bowl to the Hungry Jack bottle. Voila! We were in business!

You will need to have your bacon pre-cooked and ready to go before you mix up your pancake batter, or mix it up while your bacon is cooking. The easiest way to have flat strips of bacon is to line your cookie sheet with foil, lay your bacon strips out flat across the sheet, bake at 400 for 10-20 minutes (depends on your bacon cut). Make sure you blot the grease off well before constructing your dippers!

Make 1" wide strips of pancake batter (a tad longer than your strip of bacon), then immediately place a strip of cooked bacon on top of your poured batter strip. Top with more batter in a thinner, zig zag pattern and flip when batter starts to bubble.




(Sorry for the bad pic quality, Tiny Tornado flung himself at my leg just as I snapped the photo!) I didn't realize it was so blurry until it was too late!

When you're done making your dippers, pour some syrup into dipping cups and start dipping! My kids went crazy over these, as we are known to dip our bacon in syrup anyway, these were a hit for us!

Will definitely be adding these to the frequent breakfast arsenal!

And speaking of Tiny Tornado, I hear his sweet little voice over the monitor! Nap time is over, and so is this post!

I will be back with the weekly meal plan later!



No comments:

Post a Comment